Painting walls with dark colours

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, does anyone have any tips for painting colour on walls up to the ceiling? Seem to have trouble with using masking tape on the ceiling as it tends to rip off half the ceiling paint...is there a better way? Any advice welcome...

Sponsored Links
Cutting in is the only method I know.. Get a 4" wall brush (longish bristles with a thin stock) Emulsion will cut in better if paint is thinned a little for ease of application, trying to use strait from tin is awfullll.
Dip brush into paint about third deep, tap side of brush agaist tin to remove excess off one side of brush, now offer the dryish side up towards the ceiling so the 4" is horizontal and bring the handle down so bristles are about 45 deg, touch wall about 1/8 away from ceiling, draw this load along for about 24 ", then without reloading brush go back over but slightly nearer to ceiling, notice the now dryish tips of bristles will fill in without leaving gobs of paint in the ceiling.wall joint.

Phew I need a drink.. :LOL:

Thank you very much - this is really helpful. I'll give it a go! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back