Pajero 2.5TD auto no power starting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello, I have a L049 pajero 1992 automatic version. Perviously, my engine was damaged and I bought a halfcut, put the new engine replacing the old one also included with the auto transmission. Starting the engine in the morning is not the problem, actually the matter is when trying to drive it, engaged it to D and press the pedal...black smoke will come up and the car are so slow to catch up the gear, after a while then it got its power and accelerate normally, just when the gear change to low then this problem repeatedly again..

Sponsored Links
are you saying you put the cutout engine in complete with the auto transmission that came with it?

yes..engine and the auto transmission were came with from the half cut..not use the old auto transmission

Sponsored Links
I wonder if the torque converter was the original one?
John :)

the torque conveter was came with the transmission...means the original from the engine that I bought..and the gearbox ECU also I used

My mechanic assumes that the injectors were still in not 100% good running because the engine was so long in the storeroom. I had run the car for a week just to let the injectors burn the old dirt that maybe clogged the injectors but it still not show good results. We had change the gearbox oil but still not have good progression. The pajero half cut that I bought seems from the model of L149...pajero exceed model 1992..just in about 95000km runs...japan version...so must be a good one...

Have you the same black smoke when you rev the engine in Park?

Would you say the engine/transmission is "slipping" or "under load" when trying to pull away?

Did you try pulling away in 1 or 2 instead of D, just to see what happens.

New engine air filter and the intercooler/turbo pipes all good no holes/kinks, so the engine is getting plenty of air?

Have you the same black smoke when you rev the engine in Park?

Would you say the engine/transmission is "slipping" or "under load" when trying to pull away?

Did you try pulling away in 1 or 2 instead of D, just to see what happens.

New engine air filter and the intercooler/turbo pipes all good no holes/kinks, so the engine is getting plenty of air?

When in Park, engine definately runs smooth..no black smoke...when engage to 1 or 2 or D..trying to pull away...the engine will be so lazy with black smoke rising up...so heavy to accelerate.. after some time when the car became fast, then the engine finally got its power...then it all became same again when the gear change into low specially when stopping a while ... crossing a bump or etc...filter definately ok as well as the piping of the intercooler...

check the 2 small rubber hoses that attach to the metal pipes on the top of the rocker cover have not been mixed up these are for the vacuum on the injector pump and if the wrong way round will cause lots of black smoke when accelerating i made this simple mistake after rebuilding my 2.5 pajero

you may also like to POC pajero owners club site

check the 2 small rubber hoses that attach to the metal pipes on the top of the rocker cover have not been mixed up these are for the vacuum on the injector pump and if the wrong way round will cause lots of black smoke when accelerating i made this simple mistake after rebuilding my 2.5 pajero

you may also like to POC pajero owners club site

we were still work on the torque converter as the piping is ok...I think the torque converter miss fitted or just damaged...we see the result by today..tq guys

Sponsored Links
Back