Palm Sander Recommendations

Had a bit of a sort out of my shed and I found an old wickes detail sander that had a nice 30mm diameter exhaust. So I popped to my local aquatic shop, bought 2 metres of 32mm corrugated pipe, checked it fitted snuggly onto the Dysons - and very nicely it does too, splurged a bit of clear silicone in the tube and attached it to the wickes sander with a jubilee clip - a nice snug fit and neat too. It sucks away almost all of the dust but I'll say 95% of visible dust, on a flat surface you can wipe your hand over the surface and you don't get any dust on your hand, if you wipe it with a tack rag you can see a bit but it is only a bit.

IMG_2905.JPG

IMG_2904.JPG

I'm minimising sanding paint away by using caustic soda paste, leaving it for about 6hours and cleaning up, so when the wood is dry it will only need light sanding.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back