belt sander less than £150

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi im looking to buy a decent quality belt sander thats easy to use. I have a small Black & Decker one but i find this akward to use with the bulky body and small handles also finding belts to fit is a right pain. Ive been looking a Ryobi and Makita sanders most of my other kit is Bosch and Dewalt.
Any ideas on what you guys would buy in this price range ?

Sponsored Links
Ive looked in Screwfix clearance and found DeWalt DW433L 110V 3" Belt Sander it looks like what im after and the 110 volt is no issue as i alredy have a transformer for my drills.
Going to think it over as woodworking is only a hobby so it would be an expensive luxuary for me to justify ( to the wife ! )

I bought the Ryobi EBS-8021V 3" Belt sander and it does a sterling job and is a bit of a beast too. For the price its a very nice bit of kit.

I've got a DW433, it's excellent apart from if you want to use an extractor on it. As standard the dust collector is fine, if you want to use it on an extractor you can get an attachment, but due to the way the outlet is low down the attachment constantly gets knocked off. Other than that it's good.

Sponsored Links
I had a look in B&Q before and there was an AEG one i liked the way it felt when i held it was really well balanced.
Also looked at the own brand Macallister they had for £60 im not sure enough to buy one yet.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
I bought one today a Ryobi from Screwfix for £69 but i had a 10% off voucher so i got it for less. Im really pleased only had a quick play with it but the quality is spot on and it came with a good carry case and some clamps for stationary use.
I was in the B&Q warehouse in Trafford park the other week and it was between the Ryobi and there own brand, They had the DeWalt i wanted there but i decided it was too expensive for the use it would get.

dont pay any more than 55p for the belts if your stuck give us a shout
:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back