Pampas Grass - trimming, cutting back etc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Before you ask, I have done a search and only stuff about removing it and, oddly, swingers comes up.
So.

I have a large papmpas grass by my pond thats over 2m wide and high. It like it but its getting too big. How can I control its size? It will probably look silly if I just give it a reduction.

Burning is not an option due to ash getting in pond.

Any tips welcome.

Also whats the deal with swingers, is pampas soe kind of code word or what?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi

cut it back to ground level and dig half of it out. Either transplant the half gut out somewhere else or give it away. Ensure you are well covered as the leaves will rip you to bits

not heard about swingers will have to have a look

they are supposed to be a sign that the occupants are swingers. not sure when or where it stems from, especially as lots of old people seem to have them in the gardens!

Sponsored Links
Put stick in pond; drape sheet over stick like a tent; weigh down edges of sheet with rocks or bricks; burn pampas; blow ash away with leaf blower; remove sheet; stand back in amazement.

as wife has a go at you for getting ash over her best sheet! :LOL:

Thermo said:
as wife has a go at you for getting ash over her best sheet! :LOL:
hd_cotton_canvas.jpg

round here, the more advanced swingers don't use Pampas, they use Yuccas.

You have to keep your eyes open to spot them.

POL_0135.jpg
POL_0109.jpg
POL_0110.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back