Pan connector with boss – hygiene implications?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A friend of mine is experiencing a partial blockage in his WC where it starts to backup on the second flush, so there is likely to be an obstruction some way down the soilpipe. He explained that the connector has a 40mm boss which takes the waste from the adjacent basin – this replaced the previous basin which was positioned in the other corner of the closet, though its waste exited through a different section of pipework (now removed).

I am not suggesting that the boss would be having any impact on the current blockage, but, in the event of a blockage, does such a connection not present a risk of contamination to the basin etc? These types of PCs seem to be sold all over the place so presumably they comply with the regs?

Thanks for any comments.

Sponsored Links
The basin will be well above the overflow level of the toilet bowl.
The room will almost certainly flood before the effluent level reaches the basin.

Sorry if i haven't read correct but is the boss for the basin waste below or above the toilet waste on the soil pipe. Also, check the soil stack for a rodding eye if this problem presists. It may just need a good clean.

Sponsored Links
get a old rope type mop, flush the bog and use it as a plunger. If that doh shift it then its a dirty fingers time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back