Panel Wallpaper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all..

I have a wall 4300 long and have panel wall paper 530 in width.. so just over 8 lengths needed.

Any advice as this wall paper has a panel pattern on it like below.. do I still start in the middle and add a little 50mm slither at the ends?

Also I have some drywall filler that has been electronically sanded back but is still quite raised in areas.. any recommendations for a good sandpaper and what grit ?

Thanks everyone

Attachments

• contemporary-wood-panel-wallpaper-soft-grey-p8002-27676_medium.jpg
    contemporary-wood-panel-wallpaper-soft-grey-p8002-27676_medium.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 61
Sponsored Links
As a Decorator in the past I always started the first drop of wallpaper in the middle of a wall , then get the middle of the wallpaper and measure either side of the wall middle line so the first drop is dead centre on the wall so one ends up with identical pattern at end of wall , just work on the filler with a medium grit and finish off with fine

Just stripped the old wallpaper.. and the previous guy who stripped the other wall paper has left scrapes all over the wall.. (Supposed professional)

I have just filled with filler and will sand out.. it's a new build so the walls are pretty smooth.. Will I need lining paper?

Sponsored Links
I would clean off the wall give it a couple coats basic white Matt Emulsion, then see what its like ,
Size the wall and let dry. Hanging lining paper can be difficult for a DIYer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back