Papering a wall with book pages

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im planning on papering a feature wall in my study with book pages!

I've seen this done on the Internet but I can tell if I should be sealing the pages with something at the end?

I don't want the pages to look shiny but I want to protect them slightly!

Any advice?

Sponsored Links
Different and unusual, dunno how you would stop the pages from discolouring, would have thought any type of sealer would discolour.

The cheapest and non yellowing option would be waterbased varnish, try a quality one from Craig and Rose. Should be fine for bookpages but the ink in newspaper might bleed. Solvent based versions might be overpowering.

It's the paper itself that goes yellow.

Sponsored Links
Provided that it's out of copyright you could get hold of a PDF copy of the book, play around with the formatting, and get the book pages printed up as a wallpaper mural (just Google "custom printed wallpaper" for suppliers).

Quite expensive though - maybe £300ish for a 4m wide, 2.5m high mural.

I'm not worried about yellowing. In fact I bought a book from a 70s print run for that kind of nostalgic feel.

I just don't want corners to peel an scuffs to tear pages.

If you use the actual book pages then you're going to need two copies from the same edition - and you'll want them to be in similar condition regarding ageing.

Otherwise you'll only be able to read every other page!

I already have 2 copies from the same print run! :p an no its not pictures!!!

What a strange suggestion!

I can confirm that I am not using any religious text of any kind!

Well what is it then? We don't want to play 20 questions.

I'd try good old Polyvine. It's available in several finishes, including flat, and is a very hard wearing protective coating. As mentioned, the ink may run, although I wouldn't really expect it to.
I'm imagining you'll paste the wall rather than trying to paste each page individually. :eek:

http://www.decoratingdirect.co.uk/viewprod/h/HUMPDV/

War and Peace? A suitable title for this forum, perhaps! :LOL: ;)

Ooh look who's back - pink bib and brace and all. How's the shoulder going? :mrgreen:

That product looks spot on mate!

It's not war and peace. My house isn't big enough let alone one feature wall !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back