Parallel spurs?

OK I see what you mean.

Getting a JB in one leg of the ring will be difficult as don't wont to disrupt the tiling.
However, could I use a three way WAGO to extend one side of the ring to below the worktop? Once below the worktop I'd be able to implement the JB solution just mentioned.
It just depends on whether it's ok to WAGO down to below the counter top?

Am I making sense? Would a diagam be useful?

Sponsored Links
OK I see what you mean. Getting a JB in one leg of the ring will be difficult as don't wont to disrupt the tiling.
However, could I use a three way WAGO to extend one side of the ring to below the worktop? Once below the worktop I'd be able to implement the JB solution just mentioned. It just depends on whether it's ok to WAGO down to below the counter top? Am I making sense? Would a diagam be useful?
How would you 'extend one side of the ring to below the worktop' (and also get one of the spur cables down to below the worktop) without disrupting the tiling?

If there is a way that you can get cables from the socket down to below the worktop without too much disruption, then there certainly are prospects for addressing the issue that way.

Kind Regards, John

Good point, I'd have to WAGO the spur cables down to below the counter too.
Would this be allowed?

I'll try and put a diagram together.

Good point, I'd have to WAGO the spur cables down to below the counter too. Would this be allowed?
All these 'joints' are clearly far from ideal, but not necessarily 'not allowed' provided that they remain accessible for maintenance, inspecting and testing. However, I still don't really understand how you are proposing getting any cables (and you'd probably need 3) from the socket to below worktop level without disrupting the tiles. ... and where would you be hoping to put all these Wagos - is the backbox of the socket?

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
If you look back to the pic (it's on it's side), you can see one of the spurs goes downwards towards the worktop.
Basically, it's about six inches from the bottom of the back box to the worktop.
I haven't tried yet but I'm 'anticipating' I'll be able to pull a cable through the six inches worth that's behind the tiles. Once below the worktop, it shouldn't be a problem as it wont be seen. I can pull away the plaster as I need (if fact, the first few inches are already removed revealing the channelling behind.)
Or (once belown the worktop) I'd just surface mount. WM goes in front of it all so wont be seen.

I haven't actually tried yet, but I suppose running three cables through those six inches might be difficult.

Basically, it's about six inches from the bottom of the back box to the worktop. ... I haven't tried yet but I'm 'anticipating' I'll be able to pull a cable through the six inches worth that's behind the tiles. Once below the worktop, it shouldn't be a problem as it wont be seen. ... I haven't actually tried yet, but I suppose running three cables through those six inches might be difficult.
If, as is probable, the cable is 'plastered in', I think you would have an uphill struggle to pull one cable through, let alone three, even if it's only a few inches. I also don't think that there is any serious prospect of your getting all the required Wagos into that single backbox, at all, let alone 'safely'. I fear that some other approach may have to be considered.

Kind Regards, John

Quick update:
Had a play with this tonight.
It looks as though I will be able to get two cables down to below the worktop without disrupting the tiles. I've pulled the old one out now and can get one new one through but two together is not quite happening yet. Will try again tomorrow. Looks as though I need to clear out some of the debris in there for the final inch in order to get the two cables through.

So assuming i get them through, that means I can make the double socket below the worktop (was one of the spurs) part of the ring, yes? Did you guys say that I should make this double into 2 singles?

I think the combination of wagos I need will fit in the back box but if they don't, what do you advise?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back