Spurs

Fair enough ; as things will be as good as they were then it seems not unreasonable to risk assess as reasonable.
But I will be researching testing more as an extension to my DIY hobbies.

Sponsored Links
But I will be researching testing more as an extension to my DIY hobbies.
There are cheaper ways to be able to test than buying one of the MFTs in PBoD's link (nice though they are).

Start looking on eBay - remember you can get individual instruments instead of a multifunction one (there are 3 needed). I would strongly advise only buying ones which have a new calibration certificate, unless the price is stunningly good and you don't mind taking a risk. Any decent seller with working kit for sale ought to be happy to agree to make the sale conditional on him getting it calibrated (at your expense) before finalising the deal.

Sponsored Links
My aim was purely to make TonyW2 aware of the instrument, was not a sales pitch. But I do hold the Megger 1500 series in high regard and with great respect to the rival models, very easy to use.
If you can get a bargain priced of either the MFT1552 or MFT1553 on ebay, providing it is functioning as it should, you will be very pleased with the performance and ease of use.
But they can be hired.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back