Parallel vs tapered couplers

I

IainWatson

HI all,
Have a supplied piece of brasswear which has a male 1/2" BSP tapered end.

Do I have to use a tapered female iron end coupling or will parallel suffice (connecting a Geberit cistern to 15 mm Mains cold supply)

Thanks,
Iain

Sponsored Links
I mean first of all take off the brass connector, then screw the pushfit to the cistern, then push in the copper pipe:cool:

Sponsored Links
is that what they teach now pushfit ?

ok-wink.gif

Tap or tank connector ?

and do I have this right, screwing the brass nut of the connector to the cistern's 1/2" male end (tapered) with plenty of PTFE will do the job, allowing supply tube to be pushed in t'other end as per normal?

Iain

is that what they teach now pushfit ?

ok-wink.gif

They do indeed

Tap or tank connector ?

and do I have this right, screwing the brass nut of the connector to the cistern's 1/2" male end (tapered) with plenty of PTFE will do the job, allowing supply tube to be pushed in t'other end as per normal?

Iain

Tank connector, a John Guest one or something, completely remove the brass fitting from the cistern, then screw in the plastic tank connector, here I've tried to draw something up, the red fitting is the tank connector

tankiy2.jpg

Hope it helps :)

hold on someones confused here.

john what is this tank connector and copper pipe for ?
tank connectors are used for overflows.

You can't use for mains feed?

Pardon me if I seem to lack knowledge, I'm just still an apprentice :cry:

how do u plan on shutting off the water when the cistern is full?

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

No need to arsey now, looks like someone has their work cut out!

oh thought the float valve could screw on to the tank connector, but it has its own connection to the tank

sorry

im getting worried now on what they have been teaching you.

now the valves sorted, what did you mean can't use mains ?

I meant can't you have

mains [connects to]-> tank connector [connects to]-> float valve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back