Parcel to Hong Kong cost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to quote someone the cost of posting an item to Hong Kong, but I have not been able to make sense of the PO's website.

Parcel is shoe box size, 1 Kg and has a value of £50. I need tracked and insured delivery. The site seems to be suggesting £12 handed over at PO counter, but I'm unable to find tracked and insured - anyone?

Sponsored Links
Are you returning something you imported? In which case don't waste your time unless it is of significant value.

Parcel purchases directly from China are subsidised by the Government , it is just not worth trying to return the item , you will not get your money back .

Not Hong Kong but I used to post regular parcels of that weight to Canada and I think there was an option on the ticket that you filled in .
You certainly had to do the value and I don't think it was tracked in so far as an email on receipt or online, more for a package that failed to arrive?

Sponsored Links
I need to quote someone the cost of posting an item to Hong Kong, but I have not been able to make sense of the PO's website.

Parcel is shoe box size, 1 Kg and has a value of £50. I need tracked and insured delivery. The site seems to be suggesting £12 handed over at PO counter, but I'm unable to find tracked and insured - anyone?

My parcel delivery, give them a shot.

I think you pay online, print off a label then take it to the Post Office. Looking at the options, the prices all seem well over £20, and you need to fill out a customs form.

No, it is an item someone is wanting to buy from me, they just want to know cost of delivery to HK.
I gave up posting stuff abroad. More hassle than it is worth. I sent a few things to China, took ages to get there, EU countries were no better, stuff would go missing. Russia seemed to be the only place worth sending to.

Conspiracy theory: Remember the massive protests in Hong Kong at the start of 2020? They were huge. One million people took to the streets; that's 1 in 7 of the country's population. The Chinese authorities couldn't put the protests down.

Then Covid appeared, conveniently.

Conspiracy theory: Remember the massive protests in Hong Kong at the start of 2020? They were huge. One million people took to the streets; that's 1 in 7 of the country's population. The Chinese authorities couldn't put the protests down.

Then Covid appeared, conveniently.

you may have a point :idea:

the truth will never be un covered
As to if it was an accidental out break in China via there wet market caper

or

deliberately engineered and let out by the Chinese

nothing they say can be trusted or relied upon ( scoundrels)

Something in the middle is my view. A lab exercise combined with poor lab safety.

Oh FFS !

International Tracked (£50 compensation) 1kg small parcel = £18.99

International Tracked & Signed (£50 compensation) 1kg small parcel = £21.35

Prices as listed on RM Click & Drop with Hong Kong as the destination.

As has been mentioned, unless it's a favour you really do wish to do for someone out there then walk away.

Sponsored Links
Back