Parcel to Hong Kong cost

For the satisfaction of other's curiosity about the contents of the parcel...

I offered a new portable Aiwa minidisk player/recorder on FB, which I bought years ago, but never used. Someone from HK made the best offer for it, but I warned the postage might make it not worth their while. They have still agreed they want it despite that extra cost. I had no idea they were much sought after, until I offered it and saw the prices on Ebay. I'm doing a bit of 'rationalising' at the moment, turning unused items into money which I don't really need.

Sponsored Links
Next installment : Buyer has both my minidisk player & MY money. Why won't the UK government declare war on HK & go get MY £money back???

I have a Sony one kicking around somewhere, didn't realise they go for £150-200

Sponsored Links
I have a Sony one kicking around somewhere, didn't realise they go for £150-200

I had no idea either. I only paid £15 for it, from a store which was closing down around 10 years ago. I do wonder why they are so sought after, when the tech has been so superseded by better storage?

Yes, but payment sent as friend and family, which I understand cannot be clawed back..
here are the steps:
1. set up fake/or compromised email
2. set up fake/hijacked PayPal
3. use stolen or fraudulently applied for fake credit card or debit card and link to PayPal
4. pay for item
5. up to 180 days later bank cancels the transaction, funds pulled back

paypal will also take a dim view of you using F&F to sell something.
The only safe way - is bank transfer.

Fraudsters like PayPal, because the transactions often go unnoticed on credit/account statements.

Have you at least googled the delivery address?

Last edited:
here are the steps:
1. set up fake/or compromised email
2. set up fake/hijacked PayPal
3. use stolen or fraudulently applied for fake credit card or debit card and link to PayPal
4. pay for item
5. up to 180 days later bank cancels the transaction, funds pulled back

paypal will also take a dim view of you using F&F to sell something.
The only safe way - is bank transfer.

Fraudsters like PayPal, because the transactions often go unnoticed on credit/account statements.

Have you at least googled the delivery address?

You had me worried there, that my instinct might have been wrong about the buyer, so I ran a search and some checks - He is a long standing FB member, buying and selling tech and seems to have a particular liking for minidisk players. I have not posted it yet, the PO was closed by the time I had it ready on Saturday.

Sponsored Links
Back