Paris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Belfast,keady,newry, armagh, strabane, ..I could go on.
Hundreds of marches stopped that were going on for centuries to placate war mongering irish.

Ok, can you give us a couple of specific recent examples with the reasons given for the ban by the relevant authorities?

Sponsored Links
Have you ever travelled or watched TV? How many different ways do you think England is spelled?
Excellent counterargument, noseall.
Perhaps another example would be the various names for London, Londinium, Londin, Lundin, Lundein, Lundeinjon, etc. All anglo-saxon, celtic or roman spellings, I believe.

Hundreds of marches stopped that were going on for centuries to placate war mongering irish.

Ok, can you give us a couple of specific recent examples with the reasons given for the ban by the relevant authorities?

The ones I gave you were recent.
"Reason" has been given.
I'm not interested in what lying pc authorities with hidden agendas have to say.

How many different ways do you think England is spelled?
In England, only one - my point.
But that is a word native to England, a comparison might be a foreign term in England. Perhaps the move from Peking to Beijing is a better parallel ?
I don't think that is a comparable example.
There is only one Beijing now.
Not Bayjin, Ba'jing, Baigeing or anything else.

I know it is not important but it puzzles me.
So what you are saying is that we on the forum, although we are all speaking English, some of us use the English translation of the book's name, some are using the - what? - German translation and others different translation.

So, who, when hearing for the first time, a muslim saying the word decided "Ah, that sounds like it would be spelt "Qur'an""?

Sponsored Links
Have you ever travelled or watched TV? How many different ways do you think England is spelled?
Can you have a counter-argument to a question?

Perhaps another example would be the various names for London, Londinium, Londin, Lundin, Lundein, Lundeinjon, etc. All anglo-saxon, celtic or roman spellings, I believe.
It would be if various posters used the various spellings but they don't so it isn't.

Can you have a counter-argument to a question?
Stop being pathetic, Efluence.
Sorry, no belay that order.
You carry on being pathetic. It becomes you.

Your question was a rhetorical question:
"A rhetorical question is a figure of speech in the form of a question that is asked in order to make a point, rather than to elicit an answer."

It would be if various posters used the various spellings but they don't so it isn't.
Perhaps, it was because there was no social-media when some of the names were in use? (Another example of a rhetorical question.) :rolleyes:
Even if there was social-media available, there would have been various languages/dialects in use, do you think? All in the same geographical area? (Some more of those questions) :rolleyes:

The ones I gave you were recent.
"Reason" has been given.
I'm not interested in what lying pc authorities with hidden agendas have to say.

Norcon - you are not really much good at this discussion carry on , are you?

I think we both agree that people in Britain are generally ill informed about events in NI, and the compromises that Unionists (and Nationalists) have had to make.

You cite the parades/marches as an example of how the authorities ban free speech, but then say you are 'not interested' in what they say ie what reasons they gave. So it's not really a good example then, is it, if you don't know the detail?

You might be able to persuade a couple of people here of your argument if you had a few facts to hand, but I think we both know this will go the way of most of our exchanges - you'll just bow out when faced with the burden of providing proof.

But freedom of speech also means freedom not to speak - so that's your right if you feel your argument won't stand up to scrutiny.

How many different ways do you think England is spelled?
In England, only one - my point.
But that is a word native to England, a comparison might be a foreign term in England. Perhaps the move from Peking to Beijing is a better parallel ?
I don't think that is a comparable example.
There is only one Beijing now.
Not Bayjin, Ba'jing, Baigeing or anything else.

I know it is not important but it puzzles me.
So what you are saying is that we on the forum, although we are all speaking English, some of us use the English translation of the book's name, some are using the - what? - German translation and others different translation.

So, who, when hearing for the first time, a muslim saying the word decided "Ah, that sounds like it would be spelt "Qur'an""?

I agree it is interersting . And I have no answer to who first decides the spelling. But it will serve to waste some time !

But perhaps we are in that period of flux that Peking/Beijing was in before Beijing was settled on? It didn't change overnight.

Ie at some stage we'll settle on Koran or Qu'ran .

I remember pronunciation shifting from Mos - CO to Mos-COW

And we still interchange 'Holland' and 'The Netherlands'

It's a sorry state of affairs when people resort to youtube videos to support their arguments, because those videos are posted by the same minded people who watch them. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back