Parliament Hinges for PVC doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am interested in the mention of Parliament Hinges as I have a pair of outward opening external UPVC doors that are a real pain as they only open half way because of an external window cill.

It would really make so much better use of a small patio area if we could open these doors all the way back.

The only PHs I can find on the interweb look like they are only suitable for internal wooden doors.

I have phoned the local trade UPVC supplier and they say that what I want doesn't exist. Does anyone know better please?

Thanks for reading this - hope someone can advise.

Sponsored Links
how about

p4395211_l.jpg

on the windowsill?

A bit drastic JohnD :eek:

Don't think I hadn't considered it ;)

However, surely this is a common issue.

I see that someone else has already asked about 180 degree hinges since my post and mine was in response to someone else asking!

There is a market out there for an extended hinge similar to Parliament Hinges if they don't already exist.

I need a minimum of an extra inch to pack out my hinges. Surely there is a supplier somewhere that could provide without me bodging it?

Sponsored Links
Any thoughts ladies and gentlemen? Other than sawing off the existing window cills that is!

i wonder if a combination of the two is possible
reduce the corner

and maybe flat plates or shims of around 12mm on both sides of the hinge and longer screws [if such a thing exsists :D ]to give you another 24mm exrta clearance

although at some point the doors will bind when you move the pivot point farther out so you need to keep that in mind!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back