Parquet and Polyurethane

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I plan on installing a pre-finished parquet floor in my office. I'm afraid that it will get heavy
ware so I would like to place a few coats of plolyurethane after I lay the floor. Is this okay to do on a pre-finished product? How should I apply the poly so I can get a tough thick coat?

Thanks,
Chris

Sponsored Links
I'm not an expert, but I've never seen parquet flooring varnished before. I thought that the wood itself was hard enough to take the wear and it was the oiled finish that gave it the sheen.

I've a feeling that if you put something like polyurethane on it might not take well and it may tend to scratch. Be interesting to see if anyone else has had any experience of this.

saw it on a tv make over prog, they found parquet floor under the carpet, gave a very good clean then waxed it (but they didn't say wht type of wax)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back