Parquet expansion gap next to bi-folds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I’ve got a house with original parquet floors in the hall and lounge (oak herringbone with a 2 plank border).

I’m copying this flooring in a small new extension (solid oak parquet, T&G, 22mm thick) but have a question about the expansion gap.

it’s easy to do around the walls as the skirting will obviously cover the gap when installed but I’m not sure what to do where the floor meets the bi-fold door? A 13mm gap would be really obvious and don’t think there’s the height to install a bead along the edge.

The floor in the porch seems to have a 10mm cork strip along the edge and that’s tight to the wall - is that a solution or any other ideas?

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Use a square edge profile in the same colour as the floor, or, choose a trim that compliments the bi-fold material and use that over the gap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back