Parquet Floor Adhesive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After getting some advice from parquet floor fitters on a DIY project I am told that it is fine to leave the current tiled floor in situ and lay my reclaimed parquet floor over the top (excellent news!).

The next issue seems to be that opinion on adhesive differs massively; some only use SIKABOND whilst others say any flooring adhesive for wooden floors will be fine.

Has anyone on here got a preferred brand or does the following from Screwfix tick the necessary boxes??

http://www.screwfix.com/p/bostik-laybond-wood-floor-adhesive-7kg/1649d
Bostik Laybond Wood Floor Adhesive

Help and comments are appreciated

Ian

Sponsored Links
I have always used lecol 5500 under most conditions it doesn't need priming, even in situations where priming may be necessary such as sandy, dusty bases, then priming is done with thinned adhesive. The flooring I did in my Hallway and bathroom hasn't moved at all in 15 years.

Sponsored Links
Just one thing whatever you use over ceramics, make sure they are well cleaned and de-greased first/score the surface up a bit first

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back