Parquet Flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I moved into a new house last week. To my surprise the lounge and hall way have parquet flooring. My husband sanded the flooring and then used a clear varnish. We have found that the clear varnish has not covered all the blokes. Does anyone have any suggestions to why this could be. Also the parquet flooring is fairly old (dark brown in colour) and I am keen to restore it so it looks almost new. What is the best way of going about this.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Hi Sahota1

First thing that comes to mind is not having sanded properly? i.e. not removing all the old finish deep enough?
What grit/grits was/were used?

oh.... my husband hired a professional sander, but I do not know what grit he used. If we sand the floor again, what do you suggest we use to give the floor a good finish

Sponsored Links
:eek: ok, thank you, I will try the hard wax oil on the floor.

Thanks for you tme!

mattysupra said:
And im a Bona Polyurethane Laquer person myself. b****y foreign people, ay woody :LOL:
:LOL: :LOL:
Oiled floors 'mature' much nicer, warmer etc etc etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back