Parquet flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does parquet flooring come presanded - I would like to lay parquet (get it laid) but it seems a lot of work and money to lay it and then have to sand it - I thought I could just stain or varnish it

Sponsored Links
Sanding original parquet flooring (Design parquet in patterns like basket weave, herringbone and even mosaic) is done to get the wood as level as possible to create a neat and best finish possible. Because the blocks are small and normally thin, any unlevelnesses of your underfloor will create height differences in the end result: hence sanding.

You can choose between unfinished and pre-finished parquet floor. Unfinished flooring, although cheaper, will require to be finished at home with oil, stains or lacquer. Prefinished parquet floor comes readily finished at the factory and is more resistant to spillage, scratching, moisture and the harmful effects of direct sunlight. Furthermore it carries a better warranty than an unfinished one.

For extra durability you can also choose engineered parquet flooring. This is a special type of prefinished flooring that is reinforced by adding an extra layer of plywood underneath the actual parquet tiles. Engineered parquet floor is suitable for ground level kitchens where moisture is at the maximum.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back