Parquet Flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have what turns out to be Chestnut Parquet 5cm wide x 2.2cm deep. They are laid in the grand salon of my home in France. Part of the floor is concrete and this is damaging the parquet, condensation. I have made a temporary repair to a section of the Parquet pending obtaining more Parquet. I have now got some Parquet and will be fitting it on my next visit. The Parquet is simply laid on wooden joists, which are about 40cm apart. Gluing is therefore not an option. Should I predrill the parquet and what nails should I use?

Sponsored Links
i dont understand whats going on here. I would guess its more damp than condensation causing problem. i dont understand the bit with the concrete section that you are fixing but then you say on joists? Do you mean some sort of battern system on top of the concrete? Is the floor not really bouncy? Are these blocks or strips of wood 2 or 3 feet long?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back