Part number for Glow Worm Compact 100e - BG says new boiler!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi first post on here hope someone can help :)

Just had a powerflush as recommended by British Gas. We now have a leak caused by this (as confirmed by the engineer who came out to look at it) he said the part was now obsolete so we will need a new boiler. As you can imagine, I'm not happy about this as we were told the boiler was in good working order apart from a needing this flush

The part apparently doesnt have a number but it is some sort of copper pipe that goes from diverter valve to heat exchanger on left hand side. The boiler is 10 years old and the engineer says Glow Worm dont stock this anymore. Without a number Im not sure how to go about trying to find the part myself

Any ideas?!

Sponsored Links
There are two types of pipe to the heat exchanger, I think one is obsolete.

BUT the copper has not gone it will be the o rings that had only been sealed by the crud in the system. These will be available still.

If you've had nojoy finding the p/no I will try to find the service kit for you by Sat.

BTW it is an absolute dog of a job to change these :evil: Could this be influincing BG's opinion of the part being obsolete.

The o rings you need are 2x to the top of the leg and the one to the top of the sanibloc plus all the ones to the pipework to the sanibloc that will need to be disturbed for the repair.ABout 2 hours work with a fair wind. ;)

Hi

Thanks for the fast reply!

Yes, he did say it was a tricky thing to get at. Also he has advised us not to pay for the power flush as that is what has caused it.

Jus

need the serial number of the boiler.

the available pipe is glowworm number 457131, GC number e60925. thats only for serial numbers 0015201 onwards though.

i very much doubt it's just the seals.

Sponsored Links
Hi just, if you can't find a number mate, looks like your not the man to repair this, otherwise get back to BG, ask them, should be on record i imagine.

Hi just, if you can't find a number mate, looks like your not the man to repair this, otherwise get back to BG, ask them, should be on record i imagine.

Hi there

I rang them today to find out the part. After being put on hold for ages they said they contacted the engineer who told them it didn't have a part number but was described to them what it was!

Hi

Yes, he did say it was a tricky thing to get at. Also he has advised us not to pay for the power flush as that is what has caused it.

Jus

I think thats a bit ripe! You should remind him that it was BG who told you that it should be power flushed! You should suggest that you followed their advice and that resulted in the leaks which they should be covering under their monthly payment.

Any engineers knows that power flushing can cause small leaks if the right chemicals are used.

Furthermore the power flushing company should have warned you that that can happen.

Seals are available as generic items but its a bit time consuming to identify then and there are minimum order volumes.

Tony

Hi there

I rang them today to find out the part. After being put on hold for ages they said they contacted the engineer who told them it didn't have a part number but was described to them what it was!

don't listen to libby, he has the wrong end of the stick as usual.

the part number isn't on the system anymore. probably because it was discontinued some time ago.

serial number is likely to be on a sticker somewhere inside the boiler.

Wrong end of the stick? If he doesn't know where to find the serial number,then maybe he's not the man for the job, just a simple statment, if you don't know where to put oil in a car,what's the chances of him changing the clutch?.

where does he say he wants to fix it himself?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back