Part number for Vaillant PCB 6-pin edge connector for X41

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know the part number for the PCB edge connector on a Vaillant boiler that slots into the PCB edge at position X41? Or where I can buy a spare?

Sponsored Links
Vaillant have made lots of boilers, a clue as to which one might help ;)

Sponsored Links
Also the VR61 instructions talk about installing thermistor to this PCB edge connector but doesnt include one in the box and nor does the boiler PCB itself come with it. Hence I wondered if this PCB edge connector was available as a spare or not?

Also the VR61 instructions talk about installing thermistor to this PCB edge connector but doesnt include one in the box and nor does the boiler PCB itself come with it. Hence I wondered if this PCB edge connector was available as a spare or not?
NOT ;) put that bo@dy cover back on ;)

You probably won't believe me. But the cover is exactly where the Gas Engineer left it, screwed securely on the boiler.
I cannot understand why everyone on here assumes we are foolish enough to be playing with this while we ask legit questions.

What's the point of the unhelpful answers?

I am trying to secure the parts needed for an external sensor so that when my engineer comes around again he can install it for me.

You probably won't believe me. But the cover is exactly where the Gas Engineer left it, screwed securely on the boiler.
I cannot understand why everyone on here assumes we are foolish enough to be playing with this while we ask legit questions.

What's the point of the unhelpful answers?

I am trying to secure the parts needed for an external sensor so that when my engineer comes around again he can install it for me.
Tbh I don't think you can buy it separately and also there are plenty of foolish people about:)

Now how hard would that be to have said before. The only reason I thought it might be a spare is because the VR61 makes references to using it but the plug is not included with it.

Now how hard would that be to have said before
I did say no in the first place so it wasn't that hard was it ;)

So looks like you have to buy the whole lot :ROFLMAO: , you remind me of my misses who always wants the last word:rolleyes: mr Bruce's bonus :)

Last edited:
Fair enough. But that plug doesn't even seem to be on the wiring harness because it's an optional plug. it's not needed for boiler operation. Can't understand why Vaillant would refer to a plug in the VR61 instructions that isn't on the boiler as standard and isn't included with the VR61. Maybe they assume that since you cant use the VR61 without the VRC4xx controller, you would get the plug in the controller box.

The X41 connector comes with all the weather compensation controls in the box. Current model is the 700. The 430 was discontinued long ago. You don’t need the edge connector otherwise. Connecting an external sensor will do nothing without the correct controls connected via ebus..

The X41 connector comes with all the weather compensation controls in the box. Current model is the 700. The 430 was discontinued long ago. You don’t need the edge connector otherwise. Connecting an external sensor will do nothing without the correct controls connected via ebus..

Is there a stock problem with Ecotech’s currently? Been told by local shop that they can’t get any from their suppliers and that this issue is national! I’m somewhat sceptical :sneaky:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back