part p, 16th edition separate testers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could someone in the know tell me what is reqd if i go the separates route for my testers. I will in due course buy an all in one but im hoping to get a couple of cheap units for now. I have a 500v megger insulation tester and a general multimeter by fluke...so what else do you recommend.Many thanks for your replies

Sponsored Links
We've changed to the 17th edition now, not that it matters regarding test equipment but you must now work to the new edition of BS7671.

Regarding test equipment you will need an insulation resistance tester, an RCD tester, a low resistance ohmmeter, an earth fault loop impedance tester, a prospective fault current tester and an approved voltage indicator or test lamp. Some of these functions will be bundled together into a single unit, they won't all be separate testers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back