part p tester

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What are your recommendations on the all in one tester to cover all the part p tests?
Are the all in ones better than separates if so what one?
I was looking at the new one from megger at around £600.
any thoughts please

Sponsored Links
part p tester

cover all the part p tests?

No such thing - now there are testers that comply with BS7671 made by Alfatek,Megger. Fluke etc etc but it's a bit like asking people which car they would choose.

The only way you'll find the answer to this question is through experience. A lot depends on how you work: if you mostly do rewires I'd recommend separates. If you mostly do PIRs then the Fluke 165X series is hard to beat for versatility (but use third-party croc-leads!) KewTech kits is robust and reliable, but not pretty. Megger stuff robust, reliable and pretty but expensive for separates...

The major disadvantage with an all-in-one is that if you drop it you might lose all functionality in one go.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice
I am looking for the lowest cost for something reasonably good I don’t mind replacing some or all equipment at a later date
Any links to the best suppliers please
Thanks again

why have you posted this question twice (it's also in your question regarding DIS training). There is little point getting a tester until you've had some training mate. Electricity kills.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back