Part P tester

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i'm an industrial spark but about to start my training to be a domestic spark, i'm looking to buy a part p tester so that whilst i'm training i can familurise myself with my own tester instead of using the traing centers then scratching my head a bit when i buy my own. Could any one recommend one or a couple of models, preferably ones that are user friendly. Dont want to buy several testers so a multifunction one would be prefered.

Cheers people :D

Sponsored Links
The one i've used in the past was a company tester and to be honest wasnt very good to use. cant remember the name of it. Thats why i want to purchase a new one of my own that will be easy to use and will last a long time.

I use a 3 piece Kewtech kit. Not a multitester in one device, but if you want some feedback etc id be happy to give it.

Sponsored Links
Hi, I use a fluke 1653, it does the trick for me. Managed to get it off of e bay for good price, all calibrated and boxed. Check out the fluke website for a demo and spec.

there is no such thing as "a part p tester" part p refers to a building regulation

Down to personal choice i suppose but ive got the megger mft1502 at work and its a nicr bit of kit!

i checked out the fluke's and alphateks also but found the megger the best!

check it out.

yes breezer i know what part p is, no need to try and be a smart arse, think every one else knew that i meant a multi function tester which would carry out all the required tests prescribed by the 16th Edition of the IEE Wiring Regulations as required by Part P of the building regulations. Thanks to the rest of you's though. I had been considering a megger, heard good feedback about the MFT1552, any one else used this model?

ack351 said:
yes breezer i know what part p is, no need to try and be a smart a**e,

I was not trying to be a smart anything.

you forget, anyone can read these forums and may assume you to be correct in the fact that there is a "part p tester" which there isn't.

besides I was not the one who said

ack351 said:
Hi, i'm an industrial spark but about to start my training to be a domestic spark, i'm looking to buy a part p tester so that whilst i'm training i can familurise myself with my own tester instead of using the traing centers then scratching my head a bit when i buy my own. Could any one recommend one or a couple of models, preferably ones that are user friendly. Dont want to buy several testers so a multifunction one would be prefered.

Cheers people :D

hi ack
i work in a training school and we are an agent for megger.
the best one for you is the 1502 model. its all colour coded and you can use it straight out of the box. i try not to do instruction books!
regards

why would you recommend the 1502 over the 1552, the latter being the newer model, and including the auto rcd test function, i would have thought this was best????

ack351 said:
i meant a multi function tester which would carry out all the required tests prescribed by the 16th Edition of the IEE Wiring Regulations as required by Part P of the building regulations.
That's wrong too - Part P of the Building Regulations does not require anything to be done to BS 7671, nor does it in fact require any testing at all.

But that matters not - you should work to BS7671, and you should test, irrespective of Part P.

Megger and Fluke are both reputable makes. The only thing I would say is to consider if you really do want an all-in-one, as if it ever needs repairing you'll have nothing, rather than 2 out of 3...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back