Part P......again (sorry)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hopefully this will be a quickie!!

I am about to start on a garage conversion, and will be putting an en suite bathroom in. I'm pretty certain that the electrics will end up requiring a certificate.

I assumed that I would have to get a sparky in to sign off the work- something I was worried about since I couldn't see many being willing to come in and sign off my work. Having been reading some other threads though I'm no longer sure- will the BCO sign off the electrical work, since they will be inspecting the job as I progress.

Cheers

Andy

Sponsored Links
Yes the BCO send their electrician to inspect and test. Inspection at first fix and second fix.

Fill in the Building Control forms & pay their fee. Advise them before you start work and the rest is up to them.

Don't forget, this is not a let off. The installation still must meet the relavent standards & regulations - not just electrical ones - and there are lots to choose from!
#

Sponsored Links
And I believe LABCs will charge for follow up visits if they find non compliance on 1 st visits

Fee went in a couple of days ago, and was expecting to have to pay an electrician on top of that!

I am confident that I will be able to get it right for them on their visit-famous last words :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back