Part P costs - I think I've got to the bottom of this!

Wire colours have changed so any work with the new colours would be post P (probably).

Sponsored Links
Thermo said:
i wondered that. what is to stop somone doing all the work they want and then just saying it was carried out before part p came into force?
Right now, for work that isn't tied up with other LABC stuff, like extensions, nothing.
Next year - almost ditto.
If fact, for anyone already living in their house before this year, it'll probably always be easy to claim that.

But as more and more people buy houses which were already documented it'll probably get harder and harder.

Malc said:
Wire colours have changed so any work with the new colours would be post P (probably).
As the new colours were allowable for 9 months before Part P came into force, and a full year before the end of the transition period, it will never be possible to draw any "beyond reasonable doubt" conclusions from the presence of the new colours.

As the new colours were allowable for 9 months before Part P came into force, and a full year before the end of the transition period, it will never be possible to draw any "beyond reasonable doubt" conclusions from the presence of the new colours.
So in other words it's all a waste of money and load of old b*ll*cks.

Signed

P*ssed off from Dorset

Yes, bad start to the day. :evil:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back