part P fees

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As I live in Scotland part P is a bit of a mystery to me, Am I to understand that you have to pay the council for permission to have work done regardless of scope IE a full installation compares to a say an outside socket is there a scale of charges, is this similar to or indeed is it regarded as Planning permission. I could look it up further but to be honest I gave up as I seemed to go round in circles a brief summary would help to understand some of the posts
DM

Sponsored Links
Basically either you are a sparky registered with a Part P scheme and can thus "self-certify" via your scheme provider (for a small fee, usually<£5). OR you go via your LABC and pay their inspection fee (somewhere £125-£250) just like a DIYer would have to (if they did notifiable work themselves). You have to notify LABC before starting work.

However, some councils have a reduced fee when the notifier is a qualified sparky (just not registered with a Part P scheme).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back