Part P VRQ courses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am looking at enrolling on a 5 day Part P VRQ course. Also a 2 day foundation and 3 day 17th edition course with tradeskills4u. My background is in electronics and I have A HNC in electronic and electrical engineering. The reason I am looking to do these courses is two fold. I want it to add to my quals as I am looking to move jobs from technician-manufacturing into maintenance engineering. I also want to be able to carry out electrical work in my own home.

My question is: Are these courses too good to be true? Can I really be qualified to install and inspect domestic work after 10 days?

Sponsored Links
Hi all,

I am looking at enrolling on a 5 day Part P VRQ course. Also a 2 day foundation and 3 day 17th edition course with tradeskills4u.
A college will probably be cheaper.

My background is in electronics and I have A HNC in electronic and electrical engineering. The reason I am looking to do these courses is two fold. I want it to add to my quals as I am looking to move jobs from technician-manufacturing into maintenance engineering.
That qualification is irrelevant to commercial work.

I also want to be able to carry out electrical work in my own home.
Unless you register with a scheme you will still need to notify in advance and pay the fee - the qualification on its own will not allow you to self-certify your work.

My question is: Are these courses too good to be true?
Depends on what you think the truth is.

Can I really be qualified to install and inspect domestic work after 10 days?
Qualified as in having a piece of paper which says you are legally qualified and know how to do it - yes.

Qualified as in being good enough to charge for your services - probably not.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back