Part Plastered ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I got a so called plasterer in to do 3 ceilings, and a couple of plasterboard walls, he done the bathroom ceiling not to bad, then he started the little bedroom, the ceilng was artexed, I scrapped as many of the bobbles of and pv ade it, he started to plaster the 2 walls first then put a coat on the ceiling, then finished the walls quite rough, but he then packed up and said I will finish the ceiling in the mornin (today) but again he did not show so I told him not to bother coming back I will pay him for what he done but my dilema is what do I do with the ceiling with the dried out first coat ?
Steve

Sponsored Links
I got a so called plasterer in to do 3 ceilings, and a couple of plasterboard walls, he done the bathroom ceiling not to bad, then he started the little bedroom, the ceilng was artexed, I scrapped as many of the bobbles of and pv ade it, he started to plaster the 2 walls first then put a coat on the ceiling, then finished the walls quite rough, but he then packed up and said I will finish the ceiling in the mornin (today) but again he did not show so I told him not to bother coming back I will pay him for what he done but my dilema is what do I do with the ceiling with the dried out first coat ?
Steve
Doesn’t’ sound good, that’s definitely not the way it’s done. If you’re genuinely not satisfied & the work is sub-standard, don’t pay him a penny as you will have to pay again to put it right! Post some pics & we’ll soon tell you! The cieling should be retrievable by a plasterer that actually knows what he's doing.

I agree with Richard, if it is substandard then you should contact the plasterer and explain your concerns ie that unless he makes good the work you will withold all payment.

Reskimming the part plastered ceiling is no big deal ;)

Get rid of him .No problems with the ceiling just pva and re skim with 2 coats of multi finish.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for adice, I let him go this morning got a retired chap to do it now he has loads of years of experience
Thanx All

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back