Party wall or not

Sounds like youre in the same situation as we are. I actually thought we needed a PWA as we were excavating within 3m of the neighbours property, where the new extension footings meet the exisiting rear walls. But as has been pointed out here thats only for if we were going deeper than their foundations, which we're not. I unprofesionally didn't bother with one anyway... In truth it seemd to open up more potential issues than it would cause. People dont really understand the legislation (me included obviously) and seem to thinkt hat they can stop something being built this way. All they do is delay the inevitable and cost everyone £££.

Anyway, I would suggest you dont need a PWA either.

We're also doing it under a PD (single storey extension).

My neighbour was also against our extension because he thought it would reduce the value of his house. Can't see it will though and we're replacing a crap conservatory that was already there anyway. In fact it should increase the ceiling price pnt he road so maybe it'll raise his property value... ;)
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local