Party wall survey

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. I have planning permission granted for a 2 bay wooden garage in my garden. I plan to have a concrete slab poured for the foundations. The garage is approx 9 meters from my neighbours house (6 meters from the boundary drystone wall) to the south and 4 meters from a dry stone wall to west which borders a public bridal way.

Im confused as to whether I need a party wall survey or not. All the information seems to refer to adjoining walls etc.

Thanks

Screenshot 2023-11-27 at 12.51.01.png

Sponsored Links
The question is - do you think your slab foundations will go deeper than the wall foundations at an angle of 45 degrees? (the 4M wall)?

I think this would be unlikely.

party-walls-article-10_clip_image002_0002.jpg

This is the text:

(2)This section also applies where—

(a)a building owner proposes to excavate, or excavate for and erect a building or structure, within a distance of six metres measured horizontally from any part of a building or structure of an adjoining owner; and

(b)any part of the proposed excavation, building or structure will within those six metres meet a plane drawn downwards in the direction of the excavation, building or structure of the building owner at an angle of forty-five degrees to the horizontal from the line formed by the intersection of the plane of the level of the bottom of the foundations of the building or structure of the adjoining owner with the plane of the external face of the external wall of the building or structure of the adjoining owner.

I don't think so, but there is no building beyond the boundary walls it's just all dry stone walls. the wall to the west is adjoining a public bridalway. there are no buildings beyond that, just a fence and a field. to the south you can see the neighbours house shaded grey.

And let's be honest. the dry stone walls wont have much of a foundation if any. the ones ive taken down before are just on mud. so your 45 degrees isnt going to intersect with anything.

Crude photo / footprint of the location.
IMG_0774.jpeg
IMG_0776.jpeg

Last edited:
Cant see how you would require such a survey on your development!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice guys. appreciate it. I did think it seemed ridicules but thought id check.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back