Party Walll advice.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I'm building a bungalow, The bungalow is built off of next doors bungalow, That means next doors outer wall has now become an internal wall for both of us, dividing the 2. Id like to know what I need to do to the wall to comply with building regs, The wall is double skin block/thermal with 50mm kingspan that goes up to roof level.

I'm hoping I can just plaster the wall and that's that, Any reason I can't?

Anybody have any other information?

P.S Next door just so happens to be my parents house so they are happy for me to do what ever.

Thanks, In advance.

Sponsored Links
Hi guys, I'm building a bungalow, The bungalow is built off of next doors bungalow, That means next doors outer wall has now become an internal wall for both of us, dividing the 2. Id like to know what I need to do to the wall to comply with building regs, The wall is double skin block/thermal with 50mm kingspan that goes up to roof level.

P.S Next door just so happens to be my parents house so they are happy for me to do what ever.

Thanks, In advance.

So you're devaluing both houses by making them semi-detached? For the sake of one wall, albeit at more cost, you will surely get a better return for your money if you kept them as detached.

Sponsored Links
O

Thanks, In advance.

So you're devaluing both houses by making them semi-detached? For the sake of one wall, albeit at more cost, you will surely get a better return for your money if you kept them as detached.
Obviously not a consideration for either party so totally irrelevant.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back