Paslode im350/90ct - not working!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello!

I have two old im350/90ct guns that are both giving me a very particular problem, even after cleaning, lubricating and replacing o rings on both units.

They will only fire correctly on the first attempt, having inserted the battery.

To fire another shot, the battery needs to be removed and inserted again.

The spark is fine (having checked with the gun dismantled), gas is fine and the rear safety lever is being engaged/released correctly.

Does you know what the issue could be?

I do not have this problem with the newer im350+ gun

Thank you for any pointers!

Sponsored Links
Had a few problems with battery or fuel cell being dislodged by first impact , fuel cell hinge pin tends to move which prevents firing.

Are the battery contacts black? If you have poor battery connections firing the gun can move the battery just sufficiently that electrical contact to the battery is broken. This used to be a recurrent problem on the older stick-battery models and is cured by simply cleaning the contacts

Thank you both! The fan stays on continuously but I'm going to check the internal battery contacts tomorrow.

Will update once done.

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
also worth checking is the spark unit as it can give a weak spark after initial spark but the batteries cause most problems on them guns
the first and second gen 350 were good so are worth repairing the 350+ terrible never tried the lithium version went straight to the im90 and 360 which ive never had any problems with as warranty last 2 years then get rid and buy a new one
best place for spares
http://www.topgun.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=9

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back