Paslode IM350

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
recently acquired a paslode IM350.more times than not it fails to fire.to help it load on the 2nd attempt we have to push the gas cover.is this a common problem or is there a solution cos at the moment it is doing our heads in.

the other day it did fire about 20-30 nails in a row without a problem,but this is very rare.

Sponsored Links
have you given it a really good clean? ARe you using in date decent gas and not some cheapo copy?

Ive got two and funnily enough they are being a right pain at the moment. Just wondering if they dont like the cold as well

cleaned it today,could well be cheapo gasso and i was told the cold would affect it but the other day was just a s cold and it worked ok briefly.will be getting some paslode gas soon to try.will also take it to a local paslode dealer when i get time but i need it working nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :LOL: :LOL:

got the same problem, halfway through a large deck and its giving me a headache! They dont like it too hot in direct sunlight either, tend to get popping misfires then. Always best to leave them in the shade

Sponsored Links
generally beware of cheaper nails/gas - but try quickload , good nails and BETTER gas ( work down to -8degrees , cleaner and environmentally safe containor so you can chuck it in the bin)

im thinking its the gas,will try paslode and see what happens.

funnily enough i changed the gas in mine from senco (never given me problems before) to paslode today and it was absolutley fine.

could it be to do with the little red bit the gas nozzle lines up with as this seems to move about a bit???.

sounds like youre week has been as good as mine, which turned into a saga!

I have 2 guns which we use all the time for decking etc as there are 3 of us. One is 5 years old, cost £200 nd hand and the other £25 out of the local rag when a builder left it behind, never picked it up and sold it (bargin) got a couple of years out of that one.

Was having the same trouble as you halfway through a large deck. Kept swapping batteries, gas etc. Then to cap it all one of the battery connections in the gun broke. Having had enough i bought a brand new one as the hire place i use did me a good deal. Guess what! Same problem with not firing. Came to teh conclusion it had to be the cold, so stuffed the gas in my trouser pockets to warm it up for a bit, and once the gun got going it was fine. So new gun, new paslode gas, paslode nails, new charged battery, only thing different was the gas was warmed up (bloomin cold in my trousers though!)

great when they work, pain in the arse when they dont!

Came to teh conclusion it had to be the cold, so stuffed the gas in my trouser pockets to warm it up for a bit, and once the gun got going it was fine. So new gun, new paslode gas, paslode nails, new charged battery, only thing different was the gas was warmed up (bloomin cold in my trousers though!)

great when they work, pain in the a**e when they dont!

see what i said above about quickload gas working to minus 8 degrees

got a link seanagler as i cant seem to find it on the net?

I live in France where the temperatures in the winter can be down to minus 10 and the summer temps up to 45. My paslode IM350 has never let me down. ALWAYS use paslode nails and gas (not cheap alternatives). Also I always thoroughly clean the nail gun after each major job. Temperature should only be an issue if you leave the gas in your van when the temperature is below freezing for a prolonged period. As I do a lot of roofs in France in the summer months I can say that there is no probs with leaving the paslode in the sun.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back