Paslode..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking to buy myself a first fix gun and I'm pretty sure its gonna be a Paslode 350.

I am wondering if there is a difference between the UK spec and USA spec, other than the charger?

Couple of good deals on an auction site, tried my local tool suppliers and they cant get near these prices so I am slightly dubious.

Sponsored Links
pay your money and take your choice.

if you import it you will pay duty on it, but it will still be cheaper than over here.

Paslode wont honour the warranty, but they are pretty bullet proof. I use mine outside landscaping in all weathers and as long as you clean them they keep going.

I imported some hitachi tools from the us last year. virtually half price even with the postage and the import duty. For the price of the chargers you may as well just buy a new one from the uk to replace the us one.

Cheers for the info, Should have said it is for sale in this country.

Usually use my local suppliers if I can, but this chap is selling for cheaper than they can buy the unit from Paslode, or so they say ;)

The genuine UK suppliers have to buy from UK source and so its not as if they are buying it really cheap and making massive profits. I doubt if they can sell it as cheap as grey imports or ebay sellers buying from the US.

I looked at ebay a while ago when I got mine, and although there were many being sold by one-time users, they were only about £40 cheaper than a brand new one. Even the US importers weren't cheap considering the possibility of import tax, the price of a new UK adapter, and the loss of any warranty.

Sponsored Links
Ended up buying one from the local outlet, offered me a good deal on nails if I bought at the same time.

Does anyone know if the Bostitch nails here fit this gun?

They look Ok - good thing about screwfix is that they will take them back if they don't fit. But you don't get the gas

Although I went on a bit of an ebay buying spree for nails, and now have enough to last me till I am 136, I prefer the Hitachi nails as they are thicker and the galvanising seems better than paslode too. Wickes supercentres (not the normal wickes) stock cheap Hitachi nails and Hitachi stuff generally

My problem being I am not on the UK Mainland and screwfix are the only company I can find that will deliver for a reasonable cost (free if the order is large enough)they wont send paslode nails and gas though as the gas is considered hazardous goods.

I need Galv ringed 90's and the local stockists only stock the smooth type.

Might try a box, plenty of gas on Ebay!

be careful of the gas. There are a lot of copies of it around now as paslodes licence to exclusively produce the cannisters has run out. Some of the cheaper copies produce a lot of residue that fouls up the gas nozzle very quickly, which can be a real pain. (my cheap ones are now in the bin....oh the voice of bitter experaince)

learn to take it apart, strip it down and clean it. Youll be amazed how different it goes when clean.

As for nails i always found the toolstation ones very good and cheap with free delivery

www.toolstation.co.uk

Cheers for the heads up on the gas Thermo, not fired a single nail yet but it's been in pieces already (must be the inquisitive side of me :rolleyes: )

Just tried an order at Toolstation, they want £10 delivery to my area which isn't too bad as I will probably be ordering a half dozen boxes or so, and as you mention you have had no probs with the nails so it may be the safer of the two options.

Cheers again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back