"Paste the wall" wallpaper

with regards to the op i tend to just paste the paper not the wall. that's my preference but not every bodies.

But most manufacturer's state that you must paste the wall elrobbo. I find this very surprising coming from a man that is very strict on complying with the instructions set out by the manufacturers.

So I ask you, as you asked me (as can be seen in the link below)
//www.diynot.com/forums/decorating/new-hardwood-exterior-door-painting-tips.293856/page-2

if you are prepared to take full responsibility for the failure of the system?

Sponsored Links
i would personally guarantee my papering if i use this method as i have done this for years with good results. if there was a problem i would be to blame and would take full responsibility but as i have had no complaints with this method in the past i have adopted this as my preferred method.

thanks

I have always pasted the paper with good results. i will size the walls as i go. I always use Solvite paste, have done for over 35 yrs with no problems at all. :D

Sponsored Links
I prefer to apply the glue to both the wall and paper (using a roller), I allow the wall paste to dry slightly so as not to have any excess glue push out of the seams when using the vinyl smoother (I seldom use hanging brushes on flat paper).

I did try to do the wall only, once, but found it awkward to hold the paper whilst smoothing it. I find it easier to concertina the damp paper (as per normal) allowing manageable amounts to come into contact with the wall.

I guess an obvious advantage of gluing the wall only is the lack of a need to own a pasting table, that said the pasting table is the best way to cut the paper to length IMO.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back