"Paste the wall" wallpaper

RMS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Just wondering what people's thoughts are who have used this wallpaper.
Is it easier?

Some people have advised me to paste both the wall and the paper.

All thoughts and opinions appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Only a DIY'er but hang loads of wallpaper,my view is paste the wallpaper normally,never had a problem with it,but wait for pros to give expert opinion.

• Thanks
Reactions: RMS
I used this paper about 18 years ago. It was the type of paper that can be easily stripped without leaving the back on. I only pasted the wall. As I recall it was easy and clean to work with.

• Thanks
I paste the paper. You can also hang it straight away as there is no expansion

• Thanks
Sponsored Links
There seems to be more of these paste the wall papers around now and I must admit that I've never had a problem with them. For the DIYer, they can make life a little easier because dry paper is easier to handle and cut/trim without ripping.

Just remember to apply the paste evenly to the wall because uneven amounts of paste will cause ridges/brushmarks in the paper. (Pasting both the wall and the paper can also cause this problem.)
Also, don't paste the wall too far past the edge of each length before applying it otherwise when you brush the paper out you will end up getting paste over your brush and then over the face of the paper.

You may find that cutting each length individually will cause the sheets to roll up so backrolling before hanging can be a help but be careful not to crease it. I've found that if you leave the full roll on the floor you can just pull the end of the paper up and position it easily and trim the top and bottom with a sharp blade/scissors.

You can usually paste the paper if you prefer (or have difficulty) and the instructions often tell you this.

• Thanks
Be sure to draw any plumblines before you paste the wall.

Only paste enough of the wall to hang one length of paper at a time.

Yes a very good point, yet there is no need to paste the wall, only the paper.

Dec

Yes a very good point, yet there is no need to paste the wall, only the paper.

Dec

All thoughts and opinions appreciated.

Meaning not just yours, Dec. There's no need to say the same thing twice just because it's not what you do. ;)
Unless of course it's just another case of you following me round the forum to disagree with me! :rolleyes:

I am fast becoming of the belief that not only are you not a P&D you are also in a sense retarded.

Dec

I am fast becoming of the belief that not only are you not a P&D you are also in a sense retarded.

Dec

Ooo-oooh! Missed that one last night - had to got to bed so that I could get up and do my job as a milkman, er, I mean decorator, this morning.

So glad to have you back criticising me again - I thought you'd run off with elrobbo82! :LOL: :rolleyes:

Ok, I was a little sharp, I was just annoyed with regard to your reply regarding the efflorescence.

Dec

No worries mate, as I've said before, I hold no grudges with anyone in internet land.

Have to admit that it still looks clearly like efflorescence to me, but if I'm wrong, I apologise for any offence caused by my remark, though none was intended.

mrH :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back