Paste The Wall!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All and a Happy New Year :D

I am going to paper a ceiling with lining paper so that it can be painted. I want a nice flat finish but the ceiling is not as good as it might be but will be fine once I have prepared and papered it.

I was wondering about using the Paste the Wall types of paper, where the wall, or ceiling in this case, is pasted rather than the paper. Has anybody used it and did they find it so much better/easier than pasting the paper?

Thanks,
Andrew

Sponsored Links
Happy new year to you to fats....

I have used the paste the wall paper once..it was fine but then again im a decorator, one thing you will need to watch out for is humping too much paste on...it will squirt through the seams so make sure you keep them nice and clean.

Are you talking about using a paste the wall lining paper in this case?...if you are you still need to be careful with the paste because if you leave any behind on the surface it will cause the paint to react.

It may be an easier way of doing a ceiling though.

Yes, it is lining paper I am thinking about for the ceiling. I think I will probably stick with the old way and see how that goes. Does not seem to be overwelming support for the other way.

But as I always say, it ain't over until the Fat Lady sings!

Thanks
Andrew

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back