Paste thickness

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am hanging 1400 grade lining paper on walls & ceiling using solvite paste. My question is how thick to mix the paste. e.g for a '10 roll' pack 'normal wallpapers incliding lining paper' the mix is 7 litres to the packet. But it doesn't indicate the grade of lining paper, I suspect the lighter/medium grades. The other options on the mixing table are washable & vinyl, textured & blown vinyl, embossed, heavy embossed. What category of paper on the mixing chart should I use for ceiling (don't want the relatively heavy paper to end up as a floor covering ;)? Which category for the walls?
Thanks,
Lu

Sponsored Links
1400 is not that thick/heavy. I'd go for the 'lining paper' recipe. The important thing is to handle the paper as little as you can (to avoid stretching it when soaking) and make sure you have covered every square centimetre of it with glue, with no missed bits.

(Actually, I wouldn't do any of the above as I always use Mav Erfurt paste-the-wall lining paper and adhesive, which is amazing stuff and much easier and quicker to hang. None of that boring time-wasting hanging around waiting for it to book).

Thanks for that, the paper hasn't peeled off the ceiling yet!

Sponsored Links
My 1400 was put up with the same mix as yours and has been painted with two coats and is still on the ceiling after four months. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back