pat testing in london

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i do gas inspections and repairs in london. im wondering how much demand via landlords is outthere for pat testing.? if i get 6 a month ill be happy( extra cash keeps books ticking over) at the moment i do gas checks and hope to combine that with pat tests.

Sponsored Links
I'd be asking your existing clients and canvasing the property rental management firms.
it's likely that they will want you to be registered to a scheme such as NICEIC etc
Does you gas safety have a scheme membership that might count ?

nah just gas. thanks very much.although its not a legal thing like gas and epc's i assume many landlords get pat for insurance purposes and also covering themselves and the agents?

Sponsored Links
'patlondon', I can tell you that there's no living to be made from so-called PAT testing in the Greater London area - and certainly not from landlords of domestic properties.

Moreover, there's little point to offering such a service if you don't have the wherewithal to test the actual fixed installation as well. What I mean to say, is that it's pointless to certify a Class I appliance as 'safe' when it can't be verified (for example) that the supply has a sound earth connection.

From my experience, most rented properties here don't have 'portable appliances' (as defined) supplied by the landlord - and most landlords are quite aware that they have no legal obligation to provide anything other than a 'gas safe' ticket.

Lucia

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back