Patches flashing through new plaster after mist coat.

I see. Could you post an example please as I'm not totally sure what type you mean? I only see ones for wood and metal.

Sponsored Links
Thanks.

I still have a ceiling left to do, the on in the OP has turned out really nice (I sanded the patch and applied Zinsser BIN to the specks I missed).

I always see oil based undercoats recommended on here for various reasons. Are you referring to gloss undercoats? If so, won't that leave a shiny surface that needs to be keyed?
I think I'm having the same issue. Will take some pics of areas that I am struggling with. I did a mist coat. Let it soak in and then the coats after don't seem to be taking any paint. Feels like my role is just sliding off it.
Did you sand pack all the walls or just the patches? And did you sand it back to the plaster or just the paint that was already on it?
And what paint helped you cover the marks up ?
Which paint did you use to help treat those areas? I have attached a pic to show you the issue I'm having. I've been painting celling with Leyland trade contract matt. Mist coat watered down and then no water down on 2nd.
Want the walls sorting out before I put on my top coat of colour of choice.
Please help!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230904_210253_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20230904_210253_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 40
Sponsored Links
What you should have done is coat the patches with an oil undercoat.
Im having the same issue, but I really don't want to sand the paint back and course a redge. What would you recommend. Please see images of areas struggling to cover after Mist coat.
Which zinnser would you recommend? Would you recommend simply painting over these areas directly with the oil paint? Then paint standard white over it? Need it sorting this week! Thank you!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230904_210253_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20230904_210253_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 33

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back