Patching brick wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

I have chiseled off about 1m2 of plaster in our bedroom where we had a bit of damp. Need to patch over it. The wall will be papered afterwards. Just wondered am I best using a browsing coat and finish coat. Or could I just patch with something else? Obviously a perfect finish isn't needed!
Might be a daft question but Is it possible to patch with board adhesive? I only ask as I have a bag open.

Cheers Chris

Sponsored Links
No. Do not patch with adhesive.
Dont use browning either.

Given you past OP post history of external defects, why not post pics of the outside and the inside of the damp wall?

Sorted it, found a really good post on here from Roughcaster.

Rendered the internal brickwork and then skimmed for final finish. Looks pritty good aswell!

In terms of the damp mentioned in those old posts, it ended up being a leaking gutter running down back of render. That was sorted over a year ago though.

Chris

Sorted it, found a really good post on here from Roughcaster.

Yeah, he tends to do that ;)

Did you put waterproofer in your render scratch coat?

Glad you got it sorted. The browning or board adhesive would likely have been a disaster. Render definitely best choice.

Sponsored Links
If the exterior "leaking gutter down back of render" issues were "sorted over a year ago" how come damp now?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back