patchs of old paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ok Help !!!!

i am stripping wallpaper off 8 yr old walls using a steamer and a stanley 4" bladed scraper and of course the old paint is coming off with the paper.

now i have asked my decorator does all the paint have to come off now that some of it is off even thou he is lining all walls with 1200/1400g paper

ok what do u all think do i have to go back to the bare plaster or would that kind of gauge paper cover it( by the way we are painting over it when lined )

thanks B

Sponsored Links
skim lightly with easyfill then line or take a chance lining first with 1700 grade and finish of if needed with an easyfill skim where depressions still show

I doubt it but hard to say without seeing it, you could end up blowing the plaster.. is it peeling off in sheets or fiddly litttle patches?

Sponsored Links
thanks all the steamer is getting it off but getting bored of doing it lol its a long labourious job .

and i have a high stair well and wasnt looking forward to get up there and do all the fidderly bits

i think i will just take my time and get it right

yhanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back