Patio / Aggregate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I currently have a concrete patio that goes around my property. Its an ugly thing.
I have had to cut around my property to provide a small drainage channel as the builders before me had put the patio right up to the wall, bridging the damp course.
Anyway thats done.
I was going to fill that drainage channel with aggregate.

However, could i cover over the concrete patio with decorative aggregate, perhaps a depth of 1-2 inch? It currently does not hold water anywhere, and is solid....it's just ugly. Rather than dig the whole lot up and have to remove all the waste, meaning skips etc, could i order in some decorative stones and lay them across the patio? Our property boundary is walled/fenced, so none of them would "escape".

Is there something obvious that i am missing? Is there a problem lurking that i havent given through too?

Sponsored Links
It will be like walking on marbles unless you put it on really deep in which case you'll be wading through it.

you could do as I have done.

Get some "nicer" slabs to use as stepping stones.
Place them on top of the existing patio where required then fill around them with your aggregate.

You may need to use a weed membrane over the old patio, and mortar under the stepping stones if they wobble.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back