Fix loose patio slabs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have quite a few loose patio slaps I need to reset before laying new patio jointing compound.

The base is a mixture of concrete and sand. I’ve started to dig out the old mortar on 3 slaps with mixed results.

Under 1 slab all the concrete sand mix came out easily almost down to the aggregate. The other slaps only half a centimetre.

Rather than digging all the slaps out to the aggregate, can I get away with taking less out? Then put new mortar in the corner and middle of the slap and reset?

Trying to find the quickest and easiest way.

Some people say just stick them down with adhesive but given the concrete sand mix I doubt this would take.

Any recommendations for good brush in jointing compound?
Thanks
Adam

Sponsored Links
Would avoid Sika product , used on front path and it shrunk and washed out in many areas .Also used twice the quantity to cover sq metres it suggests it will cover .

used this in rear garden and rock solid, but twice the price .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back