Patio door threshold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking for sectional details of the approved method of providing wheelchair access though a patio doorway onto a level solid patio.
I need to consider the DPC and the rain splash-back to wall each side od door.
Also provision for draining rain from the wall and the window
Any link to a sectional drg would help please

Sponsored Links
I doubt one exists, every application is different. Ramp usually narrower than door way so no splash back either side. Rain drains from wall and window in the usually way runs off down the ramp.

You just need to fit a domestic ACO or similar drainage method on the face of the wall line. As mentioned every threshold is different there is no one fits all solution. Is this to fit new build or existing, where is the dpc? etc etc.

You drop the frame one course below DPC/floor level, incorporate a DPC around and under the frame, and then bring the floor and paving up to the frame.

You only need a drain if the external paving slopes towards the building. Otherwise this would be bad practice and the paving should always slope away

If you are continuing the paving level sideways, as opposed to just raising it at the threshold, then if you have a cavity wall then splashback should not be a problem. In other cases, coating the wall with a clear water repellent such as a silane solution will deal with this

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back