Patio doors- should I even attempt to install them?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there
Was wondering if anyone had any experience of fitting patio doors DIY style?! I would like to install my own :confused: (already having builders to knock down a load bearing wall and need to save some money) and would like to hear about other people's projects. How difficult is it? Did you get a good result?
My patio doors will UPVC and will be replacing a large window so the existing lintels will be preserved.
Any help much appreciated
Al :D

Sponsored Links
depends on the supplier, the amount of tools you have and how competent you are. generally, cheaper shed supplied doors, e.g. wickes, are cheap to buy and expensive to fit.

Blainey,
I installed a couple of sets of patio doors from Wickes. Whilst the doors weren't of the highest quality, they do the job sufficiently well. The story is in the Your Projects forum called House Renovation Sun Room, dated October 2005. It's currently on the 4th page as you browse the forum.
If I was as clever as Masona or BAS then I'd be able to insert a magic link to it.

Hope it helps !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back