Patio Ideas and a brief hello

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there everyone, this is my first post and I'm looking for some ideas for a patio area.

I have side access to my house and this is at around ground level which is fine but from the front door, the ground slopes away towards the rear of the property and so from my back door, I have about a 1 foot drop to ground level. My initial thoughts are to have a 6" deep step, and then a raised patio 6" above ground level to take out the rest of the height difference. my problem is with being imaginative in what I could do or achieve.

The house is a bungalow and has a garden about 10 metres square leading down to a garage at the bottom.

Any ideas or suggestions would be gratefully received thanks.

Sponsored Links
you have to be carefull about raising the ground level at the house..

you might raise it above the damp proof course which will then lead to youe walls getting damp..

best bet is a wooden deck of some sort as this keeps the grund where it is and drains through..

Sponsored Links
Well one option is to build the patio 6" - 9" away from the house and fill the void with pea shingle to preserve any possible later issues with damp.

I'm more interested in looking for ideas for gardens with a contemporary feel to them and had hoped that some of you might have such gardens?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back